Monday, November 30, 2009

My job

So I have never worked in retail before in my entire life until now. I can't say that I hate it, yet I don't get excited when I do have to go in. I especially do not get excited when they schedule you for 3:45 am on Black Friday! Now don't get me wrong I think that Black Friday is an incredible shopping day that I usually participate in every year in order to get the best sales possible. Of course this was before I worked that day! I have never had to be up that early in my life, if anything I am usually still out. So I got to go to bed at 8pm on my holiday, in order to get up at 3am on Friday. When I got there, there was already a line of about 200 or more people standing in line freezing just in order to get the best deals. When I entered it was like the quiet before the storm, no one was really awake yet and everyone sat there just anticipating the rush of greedy customers. When the doors opened the line of people filed in one by one and the roar filled the store. The next twelve hours of my life is a blur of transactions. I could not tell you what a single one of them looked like or what I said to them besides "Thank you", which I am required to say. When I finally got off an hour later than I was scheduled, I walked outside got in my car and rode home in complete silence. I jumped into my bed about 8 pm and crashed! I do not remember waking up again until twelve hours later. So needless to say my holiday was wonderful until Black Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment